• 1 medium sized – raw mango, grated fine (need not peel)
• 250g – tur dal
• 1.5 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – cumin
• 2 Red Chilli
• Asafoetida, a pinch
• 1/8 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 8 curry Patta leaves
• 1 tsp – chopped, coriander
• 1 small onion, chopped fine
• 1/4 tsp – Mustard Seeds
- Cook tur dal in a pressure cooker up to 3 whistles, mash and keep aside,
- Heat oil, add mustard, cumin, asafoetida, curry leaves and fry till seeds crackle.
- Add turmeric powder, onions and fry till onion turns soft.
- Add grated mango and red chilli powder and salt, mix well and let it cook for 2 to 3 min on a low flame.
- Stir once in between.
- Add mashed dal, mix well and cook on low heat for 2 mins, add chopped coriander and remove.
- Serve with hot plain rice with a spoonful of ghee.
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra