• 3 cups – rice.
• 2 cups – green peas.
• 3 – onions, sliced.
• 3/4 flakes – garlic, finely chopped.
• 5 to 6 – green chillies, sliced.
• 4 – tejpatta.
• 1 – badi elaichi, lightly crushed.
• jeera, rai, haldi, curry leaves.
• 1 tbsp – Dhania Jeera powder.
• 1 tsp – Aamchur powder.
• 2 tbsp – pulao masala.
• 1 tsp – garam masala.
• chopped coriander (dhania).
- Wash rice and add 6 cups water to it. Add salt to it and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Cook it in an open vessel till the rice is almost done.
- Drain the excess water from the rice if any and run cold water through it.
- Spread the rice in a plate and keep aside.
- Take ghee in a pan. Add rai to it.
- Once it splutters, add jeera, curry leaves, tej patta, badi elaichi and green chillies.
- Add garlic and stir till it starts turning brown.
- Add onions. Stir till they turn golden brown.
- Add haldi, peas and salt to it.
- Cook till onions and peas are done.
- Now add amchur powder, dhania powder, garam masala and pulao masala. Adjust it as per your taste.
- Add rice to it, mix properly and heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Rashmi Jha