• 1/2 bunch Spinach leaves washed, drained
• 1/2 cup – grated cheese
• 1 cups – Rice
• 5 Green chillies
• 1/2 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
• 1 tbsp – vegetable oil
• | salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp -cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp- Cloves
• 1/4 cup – Cream
- Cook rice in salted water.Drain and cool. Grind spinach, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Heat Oil in a pan; Add spices. Fry till they crackle. Add spinach paste. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the above fried masala to rice leaving behind 1 tbsp mixture.
- Add cream and half the cheese. Delicately blend the masala with rice till evenly mixed.
- Transfer to a casserole.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese; cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi