• Spinach – 1 bunch
• Yogurt – 1 cup
• Ginger – 1/2 an inch
• Green chillies – 2 (or more if you like you raita spicy)
• salt to taste
• Oil – 2 tsp
• Mustard – 3/4 tsp
• Garlic – 2 flakes (optional)
• Chilli powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Wash spinach and cut.
- Grate the ginger and chop green chillies.
- Boil spinach with the ginger, green chillies and salt.
- You can also microwave the spinach.
- After the spinach gets cool, add the yogurt.
- For the tadka:
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard.
- When the mustard begins to splutter, add crushed garlic and fry until the garlic turns light brown in colour.
- Add it to the yogurt mixture.
Recipe courtesy of Roopa