• Sambar powder – 2 to 2.5 tbsp
• Tamarind – 1, small Lemon size
• Onion – 1, thinly sliced
• Oil – 5 tbsp
• Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
• Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
• Hing – 1 pinch
- Soak tamarind in a cup of warm water.
- Mix sambhar powder and turmeric powder in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and hing.
- Simmer, add sambhar powder mixture and fry well for sometime.
- Then add tamarind extract and let it boil for sometime.
- Add salt, when it boils.
- When it thickens, add powdered methi if you want.
- Enjoy eating it with hot rice and papad.
Recipe courtesy of Sudha Guruprasad