• 3/4 cup – grated radish
• 1.5 cup – whole Wheat flour (atta)+ a little extra Wheat flour or Rice flour for dusting
• 1/2 tsp – coarsely ground coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp – cumin powder
• 1/4 tsp – coriander powder
• handful cilantro- finely chopped
• salt to taste
• 1/2 cup – water (approximately)
• little oil to cook the rotis
- Mix together all the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the grated radish,chopped cilantro and salt to taste and mix well. Add water little by little and keep kneading into a dough.
- Knead well until dough is soft (Remember the dough should be soft but not sticky).
- Roll into large lemon sized balls and roll out into a slightly thin circle using a little wheat/rice flour for dusting.
- Place this on a hot pan/skillet/griddle/tawa and cook on both sides using a few drops of oil until each side has a few light brownish pink spots.
- Serve hot with curry /dal/ yogurt/pickle/raita of choice.
Recipe courtesy of Usha