• 1 -medium sized radish, grated
• 1/4 cup -yellow moong dal
• For seasoning :
• 2-green chillies
• 5 tsp -oil
• 1 tsp -mustard seeds
• 1 tsp- Jeera
• 1 tsp- Turmeric
- Soak the moong dal in little water for 10 minutes or till soft.
- Take a heavy bottomed kadai and add 1 tsp of oil. Then add grated radish and turmeric.
- Fry for a minute and add the soaked moong dal.
- Do not add any extra water.
- Keep the kadai closed with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add the salt.
- Once the radish is cooked, take another small kadai and add remaining oil.
- When oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start to sputter, add the other ingredients and fry for a second or two.
- Add this seasoning mix to the sabji.
- Garnish with coriander and lemon juice .
- Eat hot with rice or roti.
Recipe courtesy of Supriya Arcot