• 1 cup – Ragi flour
• 1 cup – water
• 1/2 cup – Rice flour, optional
• 1 – onion, finely chopped
• 2 to 3 – green chillies, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp – finely chopped coriander
• 1 pinch – Hing
• 1 tsp – Jeera
• salt as per taste
- Mix the ragi flour with 1 cup of water. The batter should be relatively thin (pouring consistency).
- Add the chopped onions, coriander, jeera, hing, and green chillies, salt and keep it aside.
- Heat the tava, smear 1 tsp oil on the surface.
- Once heated, pour 1 large spoon of batter on it.
- Spread by gently rotating the griddle.
- Keep on medium heat and put some oil (1/2 tsp) on the edge of the dosa.
- When the edges begin to raise, ease out the dosa with the spatula under it.
- Turn it on the reverse side and let it cook. Pour oil on the edges if necessary.
- Once ready, roll the dosa in a three-fold cylinder.
- Serve hot with onion and/or coconut chutney/lemon pickle.
Recipe courtesy of Srividya Ganesh