• 2 cups – Ragi flour
• 3/4 cup – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
• water as required
• 1 – onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 3-4 – green chillies, finely chopped
• 1/4 tsp – baking soda
• 1 tsp – salt to taste
- Soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 4-5 hours.
- Grind with very little water to a fluffy paste and transfer to a bowl in which the batter is to be kept for fermentation.
- Mix ragi flour with enough water and prepare the batter. Let it ferment overnight (around 10-12 hours).
- Add the chopped onions, cumin seeds, green chillies and salt to the batter and mix well.
- Add baking soda and mix well.
- Steam the batter in idli moulds.
- Serve hot with sambar or chutney.
- Recipe courtesy: enelm.blogspot.in