• For karam:
• Ragi flour – 1.5 cups
• Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
• Onion – 1
• Coriander leaves – a handful
• Green chillies – 1
• Oil – as required
• For sweet:
• Jaggery – 1 small ball/according to taste
• Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
• Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Saute the ragi powder in an empty tawa for 5 mins and keep aside
- Temper mustard seeds, add onions, coriander leaves and green chillies and fry for a few mins. Add it to the ragi flour.
- Add boiled water to the above mixture and knead it to a firm dough.
- Roll them into balls and flatten them on a polythene sheet.
- On a pan, spread a little oil and roast the rotis on both sides. Sprinkle little oil along the sides.
- For sweet:
- Boil 1/2 cup of water and add jaggery to it. Stir until it dissolves.
- Pour it slowly to the sauteed ragi powder, add coconut and cardamom powder and mix it into a firm dough.
- Roll it flat and roast on a pan.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmi’s Passions
Recipe courtesy of Sharmi