• 250 g nachini flour/ragi flour
• 250 g Wheat flour
• 300 g Jaggery
• 1/2 tsp elachi powder
• 125 g grated Coconut (preferably)/desiccated Coconut powder
• 2-3 tbsp Ghee
• oil to fry
- Mix flour, coconut and elachi powders thoroughly. Keep it aside.
- Prepare syrup with jaggery by adding a little water (jaggery should be covered).
- When it starts boiling, lower the heat and add the flour mixture.
- Stir continuously and quickly.
- Add ghee also while stirring, remove and let it cool.
- Knead the dough with hands smeared with a little ghee.
- Make 2.5 to 3 inch flat rounds, fry in oil under low medium heat. Usually they puff up and become crispy.
- Place them on a paper napkin to absorb the oil.
- It is a healthy and very tasty sweet especially for kids.
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra