• 1/2 cup – Ragi flour
• 1/2 cup – whole Wheat (atta)
• 2 tsp – Rawa ( sooji )
• 1/2 tsp – salt (or to taste)
• 1/2 cup – water
• 200 ml – Oil for frying
- Sift the ragi flour and whole-wheat (atta) through a sieve into a bowl. Add rawa and salt and mix it together.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour water a little at a time, and gradually mix to make a dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and store in a cool place for 30 minutes or store in an airtight container.
- Divide puri dough into 8 portions and make balls. Flatten them to make rounds / puris (4 inches in diameter ). Sprinkle little dry flour when making puris. Make perfect shape with the help of a medium size inverted soup bowl / katori or with a sharp lid.
- In a kadai / frying pan, heat oil. Reduce heat to medium and fry puri one at a time till it puffs up. Turn over till both sides until light golden colour. Drain on paper towels to absorb extra oil and serve hot.
- Recipe Courtesy: Niya’s World
Recipe courtesy of Niya