• 2 Cups – Rajma (soaked for 4-5 hours)
• 1 Cup – Rice
• 3 – Red Tomatoes (Cut into small pieces)
• 2 tbsp – Biryani Masala
• 1/2 tsp – Clove Powder
• 3 tsp – Salt
• 3/4 tsp – Cardamom
• 1/2 tbsp – Red Chilli powder
• 3 tbsp – Oil
• 1 tsp – Jeera
• 1 Cup – Yogurt (Dahi)
- Pressure cook the rajma till done.
- Cook the rice by adding 1.25 cups water in cooker.
- Put oil in kadai and add jeera and when it splutters, add the tomatoes and saute it until the oil separates out.
- Add all the masala and mix it well.
- Add about 3 tsp of dahi and the cooked Rajma (drain all the water out).
- Cook the Rajma until it becomes thick.
- Serving the Biriyani:
- Take a square pan and put a layer of rice in the pan and pour about 2 tbsp of dahi and sprinkle little biriyani masala.
- Next, put the cooked rajma.
- Lastly put another layer of rice, curd, masala and garnish it with coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Amee Doshi