• 1/2 cup – Coriander seeds
• 1/4 cup – Toor Dal
• 2 tbsp – Cumin seeds
• 1 tbsp – whole Black Peppercorns
• 5-7 – fresh Curry leaves
• 7-8 – Dried red chillies
• 1/2 tsp – Asafoetida / Hing
- Heat a skillet or pan on medium heat.
- Dry roast all the ingredients one by one, separately for 3-4 minutes without burning it.
- Transfer fried ingredients to another bowl or plate to cool completely.
- When cooled, transfer to a spice grinder and grind into a fine powder.
- Store in an air tight container in a cool dry place or in a refrigerator.
- Recipe courtesy: Sara’s Yummy Bites
Recipe courtesy of Saraswati