Rasam is very popular South Indian recipe and made on almost every day as a part of lunch or dinner. You can make rasam powder at home to use it with different rasam recipes. Rasam Podi is very easy to make. If you don’t want to make a rasam powder previously and store it then you can also make it before start making rasam and use it fresh for rasam. Freshly minced masala gives best aroma and flavors to the rasam.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5-7 Minutes
Makes: About 450 gm
– 1 ? cup dried red chillies
– 2 ? cups coriander seeds
– ? tablespoon cumin seeds
– ? cup black peppercorns
– 2 springs curry leaves
– ? cup pigeon peas (arhar/tuvar dal)
– ? cup husked Bengal gram (Chana dal)
– 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
How to Make?
1. Roast each Ingredients, except turmeric powder, separately in a dry frying pan over LOW heat, tossing gently for a few moments.
2. Roast chillies,spices and curry leaves till it fragnant and dals till becomes golden in color.
3. Now, cool it and combine all Ingredients including turmeric powder and grind to a fine powder.
4. Store in an airtight container and use it as required.