• Karela – 1 pound
• Besan – 1/2 cup
• Sugar – 1/2 tsp
• Salt as per taste
• Chilli powder – 1 tsp (Or per taste)
• Turmeric powder
• Coriander powder – 4 tbsps
- Peel karela, make one slit in it and cook just for 2 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain water. Let it cool and then gently squeeze the water out.
- In a kadai, heat oil and fry besan.
- When you smell the aroma, put all dry masala (chilli powder, haldi-dhania-salt-sugar) in besan and mix it very well.
- Since besan is already hot, you don’t need to fry this masala for too long.
- Let this masala cool.
- Now stuff this masala in the boiled karela.
- Take kadai, heat oil (about 1/2 cup) and fry stuffed karela in it.
- When skin is brown take it out.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Mrs. Munshi