• 1 – baked 9″ tart shell
• 1 small tin – Raspberry jam
• 2 tbsp – Lemon juice
• 2 tsp – Gelatine
• 2 – Egg whites
• 2 tbsp – Sugar
• 1 cup – Hot water
• 1 cup – Cream
- Dissolve raspberry jam in hot water and strain it through a fine sieve.
- Mix gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water and melt over hot water, then add to the raspberry syrup, add lemon juice, cool the syrup completely.
- Then add cream.
- Chill this partially over ice, keep stirring.
- When slightly thick, fold in stiffly beaten egg whites, to which 2 tsp of sugar has been beaten in.
- Pour in the baked pie shell and chill.
- When set, decorate with cream.
- When fresh raspberries are in season, use 2 cups raspberries boiled with one cup water, strain and use.