Raspberries cooked in sugar syrup
1/2 kg raspberries (cleaned)
1 1/2 kg sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 drops orange colour
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. When the sugar completely dissolves, add raspberries and keep it covered for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the raspberries with the help of a strainer and keep aside.
4. Heat the syrup once again with orange colour until it reaches one string consistency.
5. Remove from fire, add raspberries, lemon juice and mix well.
6. Fill it in a jar to preserve for later use.