• 1 cup – Roasted Rawa
• 1.5 cups – Sugar (powdered)
• 1/2 cup – Ghee
• 1.5 cups – Water
• 1/2 cup – Cashews and Raisins
• 1/2 tsp – Saffron essence
• 4 – Cinnamon
• Cherries as needed for the toppings
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and raisins till they turn golden yellow.
- Boil the water and keep it ready.
- Add the rawa and sugar to the cashews and raisins.
- Fry till the rawa turns golden and gives out a nice aroma.
- Add boiled water to the mixture and keep stirring till the mixture thickens.
- Powder the cinnamons and add to the mixture and stir.
- Once the mixture becomes thick, remove from the fire and add cherries as topping.
Recipe courtesy of Amrita Srinivas