Hot and spicy charred tomato chutney
3 medium sized stiff tomatoes
5-6 whole red chilies (as per taste)
2 garlic cloves (optional)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon oil for tadka
1. Take whole tomatoes and grease with little oil. Char the tomatoes over high heat on a gas burner or grill tomatoes in a griller until charred all over.
2. Remove the charred skin from tomatoes and keep it aside.
3. In a blender grind the chilies, charred tomatoes and cumin seeds with limited amount of water to maintain a thick consistency.
4. Add salt and lemon juice.
5. Now to prepare tadka take a small sauce pan and heat oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
6. Remove from heat and mix the tadka in the chutney.
7. Refrigerate it and serve with any snack as a side dish.
Cooking time: 15 minutes