• 3 cups – leftover cooked rice, pulao etc.
• 2 cups – Any leftover vegetable gravy
• 2 – potatoes, boiled sparingly and sliced
• 1/2 cup – Spring onion greens, chopped with bulbs
• 1/2 cup – shredded Cabbage
• 1 – small capsicum, slivered thinly
• 1/4 cup – shredded salad leaves
• 1 – small tomato, sliced thinly
• 1 tsp – white Vinegar
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup – grated cheese
• A deep casserole dish
• 1 tbsp – oil
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped capsicum.
- Add cabbage, onion, vinegar, salt, pepper and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Take off from fire and pour over cold potato slices, tossing gently with fingers.
- Take a casserole dish and line with a layer of one-third of the rice.
- Press gently. Cover with a layer of vegetable gravy.
- Cover with half of remaining rice.
- Spread remaining vegetable gravy.
- Cover with remaining rice.
- Toss cheese into potato mixture.
- Spread potato mixture over rice to cover fully.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees C for 12-15 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato slices and salad leaves.
- Serve piping hot
Recipe courtesy of Barnika