• Onions – 4 (Big)
• Tomatoes – 4 (Big)
• 1 tsp – Ginger-garlic paste
• 1 tsp – Haldi powder
• 1 tsp – Chilli powder
• Salt according to taste
• 2.5 tsp – Jeera powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• 1.5 cup – Cold Milk
• 10 to 15 – Cashewnuts (Ground to a paste with a little milk)
• Paneer – One slab
• Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Dice onions and saute them in a little oil till they are transparent and keep aside.
- Dice tomatoes and saute them in a little oil till they are cooked.
- Once cooled, grind the onions to paste separately and the tomatoes separately ( note: take off the skin of the tomatoes before grinding them )
- Now take a kadai and add some oil.
- Saute the onions paste first and now add the ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry for two minutes till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the tomato paste and saute them for about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, haldi powder, chilli powder and jeera powder and saute for another two minutes
- Then add the garam masala.
- Add the cashewnut paste and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Finally add the milk and allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes
- Now add the cut paneer pieces ( paneer cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Simmer for 5 minutes and just before taking out garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Priya