• 1 whole Chicken – cleaned and washed well
• Salt to taste
• 4 tsp – pepper powder
• 3 tbsp – oil or Ghee
• 2 – whole onions, pealed
• 3 – potatoes, peeled and cut in halves
- Marinate the chicken with the salt and pepper for above 1/2 an hour.
- Heat oil or ghee in a thick-bottomed pan and add the whole chicken and onions.
- Turn the chicken from side to side any fry for about for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Place the potatoes around the chicken.
- Bake in a moderate oven till the chicken is roasted to a lovely golden brown.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and boiled vegetables.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White