• 1/2 kg – mutton, washed, cleaned and cut into 2 inch pieces
• 1/2 tsp – Asafoetida powder
• 150 g – Onions chopped
• 150 g – Ghee
• 2 tbsp – green coriander, chopped
• 250 g – tomatoes, chopped
• 1 tbsp – Red Chilli powder
• 2 tbsp – Coconut powder
• 10 g – Cumin seeds
• 10 g – Black Peppercorns
• 10 g – Saunf
• 2 tbsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 1 tbsp – Garam Masala powder
• 2 tbsp – grated Paneer (cottage cheese)
• Salt to taste
- Fry onions in a pan until brown and keep aside.
- Roast in a pan the cumin seeds, saunf and black peppercorns. Remove from pan and grind to powder.
- Then heat ghee in a pan and put in asafoetida powder and meat pieces and fry them until brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and brown onions.
- Add powdered garam masala, crushed black pepper, red chillies, coconut powder, coriander powder and tomato paste. Add salt as required.
- Pressure cook until meat becomes tender.
- Open the lid and put in black pepper, saunf and cumin seeds powder and fry till the mixture appears dry.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Decorate with finely chopped coriander and grated paneer.
- Serve hot with parathas, naan or plain rice.
Recipe courtesy of Philp Timoty