• 1 litre – whole Milk
• 2 tbsp – saboodana grains
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – water
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 8-10 threads Saffron
• 5 Almonds – chopped or crushed coarsely
• 5 Pistachios – chopped or crushed coarsely
- Bring milk to a boil and keep aside.
- Wash saboodana gently. Sprinkle some water over it. Cover and keep aside for at least 15-20 minutes .
- Take a large deep vessel. Add saboodana and water. Heat while stirring continuously.
- Once it starts to boil, add hot milk.
- Bring back to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add sugar and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes.
- Press a grain of saboodana and check to see if it is done.
- When pressed between thumb and finger, it should mash.
- Now add all other ingredients and stir.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi