Sabudana chivada is a farali snack recipe. It is simply good to try anytime you want some healthy snacks. It has very crunchy and crispy texture. To make this chivda, you will need nylon sago pearls, peanuts, some dry fruits and for season it some spices and salt. You can store this chivda in airtight jar and have whenever you require. Try this interesting snack option on fasting days.
– 1/2 cup nylon sabudana large pearls
– 1/4 cup peanuts
– 1/4 cup raisins
– 1/4 cup cashews
– 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
– Powdered sugar as require
– Rock salt to taste
– Oil for deep frying
How To Cook?
1. In a deep wok, heat oil for deep frying in which pearls can get immersed completely.
2. Take 2-3 tablespoons of nylon sabudana pearls in a metal frying strainer and place it in hot oil.
3. When the pearls starts puffing up, keep on turning them around using spoon to fry them evenly. To make sure the pearls are fried evenly or not bite few pearls if they are not cooked from the center then continue to fry.
4. Then drain the fried pearls and put them on towel paper.
5. Now, take raw peanuts in a metal frying strainer and fry them till crunchy and change the color.
6. Similarly fry the cashew nuts till golden brown then fry the raisins till puff up. Drain them on towel paper.
7. Once these fried Ingredients are cool take them in a bowl and add red chilli powder, powdered sugar and rock salt to it. Mix well.
8. Store this sabudana chivda in air-tight container at room temperature.
9. Have sabudana chivda plain when required.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 3 Persons