Mexican nachos prepared with salsa and cheese seasoning
2 cups nachos chips (available in the market)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon chopped green chilies
1/2 cup grated cheese
For Salsa Sauce
1 large tomato
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup capsicum, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
Pinch of dried oregano herb
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. For Salsa Sauce, blanch tomato in boiling water and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Drain and peel tomato, chop and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, onions, capsicum and fry until transparent.
4. Add tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add salt, red chilli flakes, oregano, tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Remove from heat and keep aside.
8. For assembling, arrange nachos in a plate and sprinkle 2-3 tablespoon salsa sauce on top.
9. Sprinkle onions, green chilies and grated cheese.
10. Keep it in the microwave on high and cook until cheese melts. Alternatively, keep it in the oven and bake at 250°C until cheese melts.
11. Serve hot.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes