• 1.5 cups – Whole Wheat pastry flour
• 1/2 cup – quick cooking oats
• 1 cup – all – purpose flour
• 2 tbsp – Olive oil
• 1 tbsp – Flax seeds
• 2 tbsp – Sesame seeds
• 3/4 cup – Spinach (frozen)
• 2 tsp – Red Chilli flakes
• 1/4 cup – Fried Onion
• 1 tbsp – Crushed Garlic Cloves
• 1 tbsp – Active Dry yeast
• 1 tsp – Salt
• 1/2 tsp – Sugar
- Combine in a cup of lukewarm water, the active dry yeast, salt and sugar. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Take the all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, quick cooking oats, flax seeds, sesame seeds, frozen and thawed spinach, red chilli flakes, fried onion, crushed garlic cloves and olive oil and mix well.
- Gradually add the foamy yeast with half a cup of lukewarm water and knead into dough.
- Dust the dough with enough flour and knead for a few minutes until it turns soft.
- Arrange the dough in a greased bowl and let it sit for an hour in a warm place.
- Once the dough doubles in volume, make 6 balls from the dough and roll them as buns.
- Arrange the buns in a baking sheet and let them sit again for an hour.
- Brush the buns with olive oil and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the buns.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the buns in middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the buns turn golden brown. Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya