• 2 cups – Grated Coconut
• 1 cup – Roasted fine sooji
• 3 cups – Sugar
• 1 cup – Milk
• 1/2 cup – Condensed Milk
• 1 tsp – Ghee
• 1/2 tsp – Vanilla essence
• 1/2 tsp – Food colour either pink or green.
- Roast the semolina with 1 tsp of ghee until brown.
- Now melt the sugar with the milk and condensed milk in a thick bottomed vessel.
- Add the grated coconut to it and mix well.
- Cook until the coconut softens.
- Add the semolina, essence, food colour, ghee and mix well.
- Simmer on low heat until the mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Pour on to a greased plate and cut into squares.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White