• 1 pound – Shrimp(clean, deveined, medium to large )
• 1/4 finely chopped Onion
• 1 tbsp- finely chopped or ground Garlic
• 1 medium sized finely chopped Tomato
• 2 tbsp- Butter
• 1 tsp -Cumins powder
• some Chilli powder
• 1 tsp- Oregano
• salt to taste
- Heat a shallow pan. Melt the butter and saute the chopped onion to golden pink.
- Add the garlic paste/finely chopped garlic and saute for another 10 mins in medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and quickly turn both sides.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin powder, red chilli powder, salt, oregano, and simmer for 15-20 mins.
- When the tomatoes turn into a puree, take it out of the heat and serve with garlic bread or long grain rice.
- Quick way to make garlic bread:
- Take some white bread. Lay the bread slices in a baking tray. Brush some butter on them.
- Sprinkle some salt and garlic powder on them and bake in the oven for 10 mins in 350 F.
Recipe courtesy of Trishna Pati