• 1 – medium size Beetroot (cut into small pieces)
• For masala:
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1 – Red Chilli
• Small piece of Asafoetida
• Grated Coconuts – 1 small cup
- Take a kadai, put one tsp full of oil.
- Put the urad dal and the red chilli and fry till the urad dal turns reddish on a slow fire.
- Put asafoetida and the coconut and fry for half a minute. Keep aside.
- Cook the cut beetroot in little quantity of water.
- Put quarter spoon of tamarind juice and salt to taste.
- After the beetroot cools down, add the masala to it and grind together with the same water to soft paste. Use water if needed.
- After grinding the chutney, keep the kadai on the fire and put two spoons of oil, quarter spoon of mustard, one red chilli cut into small pieces.
- When the mustard sprouts, pour the chutney into it and allow it to boil for sometime.
- Do this till the water evaporates.
- Remove it from fire and use it along with rotis rice etc
Recipe courtesy of Satyanand