• 1 kg – chicken, jointed and cut into medium-sized pieces
• 1/2 – Coconut, ground to a paste (or 1/2 pack of Coconut milk)
• A small bunch of coriander leaves, washed and chopped
• 2 – large onions, chopped
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2-3 tsp – chilli powder
• A few whole spices
• 3 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 3 tbsp – oil
• salt to taste
• 1 tsp – Cumins powder
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions. Fry until golden brown.
- Add the whole spices and ginger-garlic paste and saute for a few minutes .
- Add the chicken, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and fry for some time until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the coconut and mix well.
- Add sufficient water and cook until the chicken is done and the gravy is thick.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White