• 1 cup – Rice
• 1/4 cup – Urad Dal
• 3 to 4 tsps – Upma Rava
• 3 to 4 – Fenugreek seeds
• 1 tsp – Bengal Gram dal
• 2 tsps – Sugar
• Water for grinding
• salt to taste
- Soak rice and urad dal in cold water for a day.
- Soak upma rava, Bengal gram dal, fenugreek seeds in another vessel for a day.
- In the evening, grind all the soaked ingredients with sugar, adding water little by little.
- The consistency shouldn’t be too watery. Add salt according to taste.
- Keep it covered and leave it to ferment overnight.
- The next day, heat a pan and carefully spread the batter on it as thinly as you want it.
- Cook on both sides with a little oil.
- Serve the dosas hot with coconut chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Mrinalini