• 1 cup – fresh Prawns (medium size, salt marinated)
• 1/2 – fresh grated Coconut
• 10 – Red Chillies
• 1 inch- Tamarind
• 2 – finely chopped Onions
• 2 tsp – dry Coriander seeds
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tbsp – Coconut oil
- Grind coconut, chillies, 1 chopped onion, tamarind, dry coriander seeds and turmeric powder.
- In a pan heat coconut oil at medium flame and fry the remaining chopped onion.
- Fry till it is pink in colour, then add prawns and let it be till the prawns become firm and turn pink.
- Now add the ground paste and allow to boil till a normal gravy consistency is reached.
- Now add salt (remember prawns are already salted).
- Boil for 5 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Sneha Kakodkar