• 3 tbsp – unsalted Butter
• 1 – head lettuce, rinsed and shredded
• 2 pounds – frozen peas
• 4 cups – water
• 1.2 tsps – salt
• 1/4 tsp – white pepper
• A pinch of fresh Lemon zest
• 2 tbsp – Cream or 2 tbsp grated cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add the lettuce and cook over low heat 5 mins.
- Add the peas, stir and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 15 mins.
- Add the water, bring to a simmer and continue to simmer, uncovered for 25 mins.
- Cool slightly. Puree the soup in a food processor or blender.
- Return the soup to the pot, add salt and pepper and heat through.
- Add lemon zest.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.
- Serve with a swirl of cream or grated cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Ash