• 200 g – fresh button Mushrooms
• 6 tbsps – oil
• 1 – onion, small and chopped
• 1/2 – tomato, small, chopped
• 1/4 tsp – coriander powder
• 1/4 tsp – cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp – chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Garam Masala powder
• 2 tbsp – potato, grated and boiled
• 2 tbsp – breadcrumbs
• 3 tbsp – Rice flour
• Salt to taste
- Cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 5 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and saute the onion till it turns pink.
- Add the tomato and cook till soft.
- Add the mushrooms and saute till half cooked.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Mix together the cooked mushrooms, potato, breadcrumbs and salt.
- Make small round balls of the mixture.
- Flatten into an oval dish.
- Roll in rice flour and shallow fry on both sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of IBNS