• 1 cup – Beaten Rice (poha).
• 1/4 cup – crushed groundnuts.
• 1/4 cup – grated or scraped coconut.
• 1/4 cup – coriander leaves.
• 1 – small potato, chopped.
• 2 – onions, chopped.
• 5 to 6 – green chillies.
• 1 stalk – curry leaves, chopped.
• 1/4 tsp – sugar.
• 1 tsp – Lime juice.
• 1.5 tbsp – oil.
• 1/2 tsp each cumin and mustard seeds.
• salt to taste.
- Wash poha till clean. Drain water, sprinkle some water on it and keep aside.
- After 15 minutes, loosen the poha gently, and break lumps with fingers.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat oil, add seeds and then potatoes. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, chillies and curry leaves. Stir and fry onions till tender. Take off fire.
- Add poha and all other ingredients. Save some coconut and coriander leaves for garnishing. Mix very well.
- Adjust salt and lime as per taste. Return to low flame till hot.
- Stir gently every now and then.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander and coconut.
- Serve hot with freshly brewed coffee.
Recipe courtesy of Annam