• For grinding in chutney consistency : 4-5 – raw mangoes
• 3 tbsps – Coconut grating
• 4-5 – Red Chillies
• 1 tbsp – Mustard Seeds
• 2 tsps – Haldi powder
• 200gms – thin grained Rice
• For seasoning: 1/2 cup – refined or groundnut oil
• 2 tsp – mustard
• 3 tsp – Urad Dal
• 2 tsp – Channa dal
• 2 tbsp – ground nuts
• few Curry leaves
• 2-3 – red chilly
• Small bunch – Coriander leaves
• salt to taste
- Cook the rice as usual, but with less water (it must not be sticky).
- Let it cool.
- Grate the mango, with its skin peeled.
- Keep 2tbsps of grating aside.
- Grind coconut, mango, mustard, haldi and red chilly like chutney.
- In a kadai heat the oil, season with mustard, urad dhal, channa dhal, groundnuts, curry leaves and red chilly.
- When it is done add little haldi, and the masala paste.
- Mix it well with the seasoned oil.
- Add the cooked rice, add salt, and mix well.
- Add the 2 tbsps mango grating also, add coriander leaves. serve with any raita or chips.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj P Subbarao