Sindhi kadhi is very different from other kadhis, because it has many vegetables in it to make it tasty and colorful. Sindhi food is very much nutritious. Sindhi kadhi contains lots of vegetables which are cooked in assorted curries, masalas and gram flour. Serve it hot with steamed rice.
– 2 cup Bengal gram flour
– 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
– 1 teaspoon grated ginger
– 2 tablespoon tamarind pulp
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 2 tablespoon red chili powder
– 3 tablespoon oil
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
– 8-10 curry leaves
– 6-4 okra (bhindi), slit into 2
– 1 small carrot, cubed10-12 cluster beans, chopped
– 2 tablespoon green peas
– Salt to taste
How To Cook?
1. In a pan, heat the oil. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida. Wait for 5 seconds.
2. Add Bengal gram flour and fry for 5-6 minutes over LOW flame. Add 5 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
3. Add all the vegetables and simmer on MEDIUM flame for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add ginger, curry leaves, green chilies, turmeric powder, chili powder, tamarind pulp and salt to it.
5. Let the curry boil. Simmer it for 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot sindhi kadhi with steamed rice or veg pulao.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes