• Prawns – 500 g (cleaned)
• Onions – 500 g (finely chopped)
• Tomato – 500 g (finely chopped)
• Red Chillies – 2
• Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
• Chilli powder – 2 tbsp
• Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
• Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
• Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
• Oil – 250 g
- When the oil in the pan is hot, put mustard seeds and red chillies. When it splutters, put onions and saute it till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add tomato, wait till it is cooked well and smashed in oil.
- Add prawns and saute for a while.
- After 5 mins, add ginger-garlic paste and saute continuously for 5 more mins.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and add 1/2 glass of water and stir. Wait till the water evaporates and the oil separates from the dish.
- Decorate it with finely chopped coriander leaves. Delicious spicy prawns is ready now and you can serve it with plain rice and sambhar.
Recipe courtesy of Annie