• 10 oz – fresh coarsely chopped Spinach
• 1 can – Chickpeas or 2 cups of boiled Channa
• 1 – medium size red Onion chopped
• 1 – big Tomato chopped
• 2 to 3 – medium sized Potatoes boiled and cubed
• 2 – Green chillies slit finely lengthwise
• 2 tsp – finely chopped Garlic
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• salt to taste
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp – chilli powder
- Take about a tbsp of olive oil in a pan and set it on medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough, add garlic and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and sautee for a minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes, pinch of turmeric, 1/2 of the required salt and chilli powder.
- Keep cooking until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Toss the boiled chickpeas and potatoes and stir for a minute or two.
- Finally, add the spinach with the rest of the salt and stir till the spinach wilts.
- It is not necessary to cook the spinach for a long time.
- This can be eaten as it is or with rice or chapattis.
Recipe courtesy of Krithika Rajgopal