• 1 – whole boneless Chicken breast, cleaned and sliced in long strips about 2 inches long
• 1 tsp – Garlic paste
• 1 tsp – Ginger paste
• 3-4 tsps – Shan masala (a Pakistani brand) Tandoori Chicken Tikka Spice Mix
• Juice of 1 Lime
• salt to taste
• 1 tsp – oil
• 1 – large onion, thinly sliced in long strips
• 3 – bell peppers, sliced in long strips.
• 1 – large tomato, chopped
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder (or to taste)
• Whole spices:
• 4-5 – Cloves
• 2-3 – Cardamoms
• A piece of Bay Leaf
• 5-6 – Black Peppercorns
• A piece of Cinnamon stick
• Chopped Coriander leaves
• 2-3 -tbsps of vegetable oil
- Marinate the chicken with ginger, garlic, shan tandoori chicken tikka spice mix, lime juice, salt and oil for at least 5-6 hrs in the refrigerator. Heat oil in a kadai and add the whole spices (cloves, cardamoms, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, peppercorns).
- After they start spluttering, add the sliced onions. Keep stirring till they just start to change colour after about 4-5 mins.
- Add the chicken along with the marinade, keep stir frying till all the liquid has evaporated and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add red chilli powder and check the salt.
- Add the peppers and stir fry again for a few minutes. Also add chopped tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Cover with the lid for a while. Don’t overcook the peppers, leave them a bit crunchy.
- Serve hot with naans or rotis topped with coriander leaves as well as a piece of lime on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Artiraj