• Mango (Aam)
- Choose fully ripe and healthy mangoes. Wash and clean the fruit
- Place thumb over the base and hold mango firmly between thumb and finger from base to tip.
- Now soften the fruit with the other hand by rotating the mango and applying pressure at the same time.
- When fully softened, snip off base with hand.
- Push out and empty contents (stone and all) into a deep dish.
- Discard skin.
- Put some water in a smaller dish. Place squeezed off stones in this.
- When all mangoes are done with, rinse out stones in water in which they are soaking.
- Add to the remaining pulp.
- Run a handmixie through the mixture to get either a smooth or grainy texture as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi