• 1 cup – Snack gourd pieces
• 1/4 cup – Cooked moong dal
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 3 tbsp – quick cooking oats
• 1 – Onion (chopped)
• 1 – Tomato (chopped)
• 1 tsp – Ginger (minced)
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard seeds+urad dal
• 2 – Dry Red Chillies
• 4 – Curry leaves
• 2 tbsp – Coriander leaves(chopped)
• To Grind: 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 2 – Green chillies
- Grind as fine paste both cumin seeds and green chillies and keep it aside.
- Heat enough oil; allow the mustard seeds, urad dal and dry red chillies to splutter.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves and saute until the onions turn translucent, add chopped tomatoes and minced ginger, cook everything until the tomatoes turns mushy.
- Add the chopped snake gourd pieces, ground paste, salt and turmeric powder, saute everything until the vegetables shrinks.
- Now add the quick cooking oats; saute everything in medium high flame for a while.
- Add enough water to the cooked moong dal and add the dal to the cooked vegetables.
- Cook until the vegetables are done, finally add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
- Serve hot with hot steaming rice and rotis.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya