• 4 tsp – Wheat flour
• 125 gms – Jaggery grated
• 1 tbsp – Ginger powder (Soonth)
• 1 tbsp – large crystals of Goondh (edible resin gum)
• 1 tbsp – grated dried Coconut
• 1 tbsp – Almonds pounded coarsely
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 4 tbsp – Ghee
- Heat half Ghee in pan, add flour, and gum crystals.
- Allow crystals to pop well, stirring continuously.
- Empty, keep aside.
- In same pan, add remaining Ghee, add jaggery, mix.
- Cook till all jaggery has melted to a smooth paste.
- Do not overcook or Soonth will become hard.
- Remove from fire; add all ingredients, including popped gum.
- Mix very well. Cool to room temperature.
- Store in moisture proof container, pressing down lightly while filling.
- The mixture should be crumbly, chewy and dry.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering