• 1 – Lotus root (medium size)
• 1 tbsp – Chopped Onion
• 1/2 tsp – Ginger-Garlic Paste
• 2 tsp – Soy Sauce
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli Sauce
• 2 tsp – Corn flour (white)
• 1 tsp – Oil for Deep Frying
• Salt to taste
• Spring onion (greens) to garnish
- Wash the lotus root, peel and cut it into medium-thick slices.
- Keep the slices in boiling water for 2 minutes to cook them partially. Drain and rinse with fresh water. Pat-dry with a kitchen towel and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Add all the slices in a bowl of corn flour and coat them well.
- Heat oil in a Deep frying pan and slide 10-12 slices at a time carefully. Fry them on high flame till they are crisp like chips and golden brown in colour. Take them out on absorbent paper.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped onion and stir fry them on high heat.
- Add fried chips, soy sauce and red chilli sauce. Add salt only if required and give a quick toss.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice and sprinkle spring onion greens before serving.
- Recipe courtesy: My Own Food Court