• 2 cups – Basmati Rice
• 3 cups – Coconut Milk
• 1 – Onion (chopped)
• 1 cup – Soya chunks
• 1 cup – Butter beans (soaked and pressure cooked)
• 1no Whole spices (bay leaves, cloves, Cinnamon stick and cardamom)
• To Grind:
• 1/2 cup – Mint stalks (chopped)
• 1/4 cup – Coriander stalks (chopped)
• 1 – Green chillies
• 2 – Dry Red Chillies
• 5 – Garlic Cloves
• 1 – Ginger piece (chopped)
• 2 tbsp – Coconut
• 1/2 tsp – Garam Masala powder
• 5 – Peppercorns
- Grind all the ingredients listed under the ‘To Grind’ list together to form fine paste.
- Cook the soya chunks with enough water and salt, once they swell, drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Soak the rice and fry it in a pan with few drops of oil, until they get a shiny texture, keep it aside.
- Meanwhile heat enough oil in a pressure cooker, fry the whole spices, add immediately the chopped onions and saute until the onions turn translucent, now add the already cooked soya chunks, butter beans and saute for few seconds, immediately add the ground paste and cook everything in simmer until the oil separates.
- Now add the coconut milk and boil.
- Add rice and salt, cook everything in pressure cooker with its lid closed, simmer for few minutes until the rice get a cooked.
- turn off the stove.
- Serve immediately with any sort of raitas.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya