• 2 cups – Soya chunks
• 1 – big Onion
• 2 – Tomatoes
• 1/2 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 1 tsp – Butter
• 1 tbsp – Kasoori Methi
• Turmeric a pinch
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Garam Masala
• 1/2 cup – Cream
- Soak Soya chunks in hot water for 30 minutes, then wash it in cold water 3-4 times each time squeezing the water from the soya to get rid of the smell.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute the soya for 2 mins and keep it aside.
- Boil the tomatoes and onion in a cup of water and make a paste of each separately.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry onion paste till golden brown for about 10 mins.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 5 mins.
- Add tomato paste, mix well and fry for some time.
- Now add the masalas and cook/fry till the oil separates.
- Add the soya to the gravy and add enough water to get a thick consistency.
- Add the kasoori methi and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the milk, stir.
- Place on heat and cook till gravy becomes thick.
- Serve hot with phulkas or rotis.
- Recipe courtesy: Sharmi’s Passions
Recipe courtesy of Sharmilee