Very healthy rice Biryani made with proteinaceous soybean and spices
3 cups 80% cooked rice
2-3 tablespoon soya chunks (soaked in hot water)
2-3 tablespoon boiled kale chane (whole bengal gram)
2-3 tablespoon sprouted moong dal (green gram) (blanched)
1 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1-2 green chilies
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoon coriander chopped
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
3/5 strands saffron (soaked in water)
1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
Salt to taste
1. Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for two minutes.
3. Now add soya chunks, kala chana, sprouted dal, green chilies, garam masala and fry for a minute.
4. Turn off the gas.
5. Add yogurt, salt and mix well.
6. Take an oven proof serving dish, spread a layer of rice.
7. Now place a layer of soya masala on top of the rice layer and sprinkle some coriander leaves.
8. Continue in this manner, using rice and soya masala alternately for the next two layers.
9. On top spread saffron mixture.
10. Bake biryani for about 10 to 15 minutes in 150 degrees in oven.
11. Serve hot.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes