• 1 box – whole-wheat spaghetti
• 16 ounces – Brussels sprouts (cut in half, then thinly sliced)
• 2 – large Onions (thinly sliced)
• 2 tsp – extra virgin Olive oil
• 1 cup – white wine
• 1/4 tsp – Sugar
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Break the spaghetti into 2-3 inch pieces and cook according to package directions. When done, drain, remove to a bowl, and mix in 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add shredded onions and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until the onions start to turn light brown.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and cook while stirring, for about five minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until most of the wine has evaporated but there’s still some moisture left in the sauce. Add sugar and stir.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the bowl with the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir to mix and serve hot.
- Recipe courtesy: Holy Cow Vegan